Why can’t I hear my friend in Discord?
The reason behind this issue is usually improper audio settings or your audio device not being selected as the default device. In some cases, the issue might be caused by a Discord update or a bug in the Discord app. Most of these reasons can be eliminated within a few minutes so you don’t have to worry.
What do you do when you can’t hear the other person on Discord?
How to fix can’t hear people in Discord
- Method 1. Turn on the Legacy Audio Subsystem.
- Method 2. Set your default communication device.
- Method 3. Set your input/output devices.
- Method 4. Refresh Discord.
- Method 5. Use Discord on the web.
- Method 6. Change the server region.
- Method 7. Reinstall the Discord client.
- Final thoughts.
Why can’t I hear my friend on Discord mobile?
Check Volume Settings If you’re not able to hear a specific user in the server or direct call, it’s possible that you may have changed the volume settings for an individual user! … On mobile, when you’re in a voice channel/voice call, you can tap on the user’s icon and then change the Volume Settings directly.
How do I fix the audio on Discord?
- Check Discord’s Server Status. …
- Check Your Sound Device settings. …
- Check connections. …
- Set to default and then configure default in windows settings. …
- Check to see if you’re muted/deafened. …
- Check to see if you’ve muted the application in sound settings. …
- Update the application. …
- Restart PC.
Why can I not hear Discord notifications?
There might be notification sound issues due to the output device. If you don’t get a notification sound in most settings on Discord, you might not have chosen the correct output device. So, in that case, just change your output device or make sure the correct output device is selected.
Why isn’t my mic on Discord working?
Check Your Privacy and Security Settings Click on the Start menu and select Settings. Now, click on Privacy. Next, click on Microphone, it’s on the left side menu under App permissions. Then, make sure Microphone access is on and Allow apps to access your microphone are On.
Why can’t I hear any sound?
Check that the speakers are turned on and connected properly Make sure that the speaker cable is securely plugged into the “output” audio socket on your computer. … A final thing to check is that the audio cable is securely plugged into the back of the speakers. Some speakers have more than one input, too.
Why can’t I hear audio on discord stream?
If you’ve recently altered discord settings and the audio isn’t working after then. Try resetting the voice settings to default to see if it fixes the issue. … 1) Run Discord, and then click the Settings icon. 2) Click Voice & Video, then Reset Voice Settings.
Why am I automatically muted on discord?
Why am I automatically muted on Discord? Windows users may have their sound automatically muted when they join a Discord chat because Windows is detecting communications activity and responding incorrectly.
How do you fix mic and audio on Discord?
Fix 2: Reset the voice settings on Discord
- Click the Settings icon on the homepage of Discord.
- Click Voice & Video, then Reset Voice Settings.
- Click Okay.
- Reconnect your microphone and try to send an audio message on Discord to see if your Microphone works.
31 Dec 2021
Can’t hear any audio on PC?
The reason there is no sound on your computer could be that it needs a simple restart. Keep trying different audio devices and see which one provides your computer with sound. … This can happen if, for example, you plug a USB-enabled audio device into your PC, such as a gaming headset.
How do I turn the sound on?
- Open your phone’s Settings app.
- Tap Sound & vibration. Advanced.
- Turn a sound or vibration on or off.
Why can’t I unmute in Discord?
If an incorrect device is selected in Discord’s settings, your friends will be unable to hear you. To check which device is selected, you will need to go into your user settings, select the “Voice and Video” tab, then make sure you have the correct output device set.
Why does Discord mute my audio?
Discord mutes my sound when joining a channel. So, what is muting my sound when I join discord? You have a bluetooth headset. Your sound is being muted because of Windows detecting communications activity.
Why won’t my headphones work on Discord?
If the headphones aren’t working for other Windows sounds, the issue is most likely not with Discord. To check this, navigate to the bottom-right corner of your screen and click the speaker icon. … Then, restart both your PC and Discord. If this doesn’t work, uninstall and reinstall the Discord app itself.
Why is the sound not working?
Reboot your device. A reboot often clears up any software glitches that may disable the sound. Press and hold the power button until you see a set of options on the screen. Tap Restart to reboot your phone.
Why is my laptop audio not working?
Restart or change your audio device The reason there is no sound on your computer could be that it needs a simple restart. Keep trying different audio devices and see which one provides your computer with sound. It may be that Windows 10 is directing audio to the wrong output device.
How do I enable sound on my laptop?
Re-enable audio device
- Open Control panel.
- Click Hardware and Sound and then Click on Sounds.
- Under Playback tab, right click on the empty area and make sure “Show Disabled Devices” has a check mark on it. If headphones/Speakers are disabled, it will now show up in the list.
- Right click on the device and Enable it.
22 Jul 2016